Saturday, August 13, 2011

Barn Sales

Sitting behind my dearest mother in the car (while we were parked at the gas station), I saw her pull down her mirror and look at her hair... it would seem that one darned piece was longer than all of the others.
She asked if I happened to have a scissors around, and that being about the only thing I do NOT have in my bag, I was forced to disappoint her hopes.

She said that it was alright, because she had her Jack Knife in her pocket and could take care of the problem herself.

:-O

Here's evidence of the event:

At our first estate sale, which we almost didn't find because of
our dead Tomtom, and then just happened to stumble upon, I saw this couch.
That, is a real statement piece. WOW.
 A tiny little bit of me really really WANTS IT!

The same lovely home-maker who had THAT couch above, also owned a closet full
of FURS! I loved that closet. It was the BEST part of the whole day. She had two mink capes, and this beaver coat, and they were BRILLIANT!

Left to right: Unknown short coat with fur collar and cuffs,
White mink coat (DROOOOOOL), Silvery mink caplet, three-ish small wraps... I'm not sure what kind of animal... Fox? They were alright, but I'm not much for the furs with heads/feet/tails still attached. And lastly, on the right is the long beaver coat that I tried on. They ranged in price from $1,000 to $10.


This owl was at Harbor Freight, and I took a picture of it because with it's missing eye,
 it was just too creepy to pass up.
I did have some good luck at the other sales,
I got some earrings, including a nice little set of "pearl" studs.
And a whole set of earrings, ring and necklace of this pretty little star design. "diamond" flower with green stone in the middle. Very nice.

I hope you all had a similarly nice day.

~Liddy~

No comments:

Post a Comment