Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Day


I figured, why not start out this new year with a picture that matches my outlook. 
Bright and cheery, looking forward to what is coming,yet totally nostalgic.

My eye sight has been going down hill for the past year or so, something to do with sitting at the computer for too long ;-)

and I just want to say, that if I really do have to get glasses eventually, I want to be able to have glasses like these, because they're amazing, and maybe not that color, but deff that style.

Pinned Image


So in this new day, I have stumbled upon a wonderful blog, and it's given me the push I needed.
I already had a want to get in better shape,
but seeing her journey and her thought process really gave me the boost that I needed.
Her name is... Roni, and she made a blog about her weight loss.

She also put in here, how she was so successful at it, and her three tips helped me, and I hope that they'll continue to help me.
I'm going to do a project a little bit like hers.

3 Steps to a Healthier You (according to Roni, my new BFF)

1. Self Acceptance,
 (aka: this is me, this is the only body I have, and it's beautiful, so I should treat it like it's beautiful)
2. Changing your Mentality
(going "off diet" is no longer a "thing"... because what ever you eat makes up your "diet"... so don't binge just because you've "gone off diet")
3. Move More
(finding something you love to do, that helps you move more, and make a decision to do that more)

So Here goes. I'm starting this, and I figured that this is a great time to do it because it's the start of a new year, and I'm going to be 20 this week (a nice round number on which to start something).
I'm going to blog about it too... I'll try to still keep up with the fashion part of it, but for now, please understand that this is really at the front of my mind. I have to practice a strong will, something I've never been good at.

Here's what is GOING TO HAPPEN (I capitalize that more for *my* benefit than for yours)

I will weigh myself at the start of each month... and on that weigh date I will also post an updated picture.
Don't freak out, I'm not going to post pics of me in my undies. That's not my style, but I will be wearing like a tank top and exercise shorts (I have to start using them for *something*!)

I will update weekly on how things are going with my diet, and weather I've been strong or not,
I figured this would be a good thing, and would help keep me accountable.

So here starts the journey,
I hope that you guys can get a little out of this too.

~Liddy~

No comments:

Post a Comment